Dear Sisters and Brothers,
If you are in an area impacted by Hurricane Harvey, here are some helpful resources:
1. FEMA. Please register for FEMA assistance here:
This is very important to do FIRST & ASAP!!
2. If you work for Union Pacific, please take advantage of the "Friend to Friend" program here:
This program is funded by donations of BMWED members and other employees of UP.
3. If you work for BNSF, you may be eligible for immediate funds by going to the Labor Relations page and logging in:
More from BNSF: they've set up a toll free number to help impacted employees get quick, limited financial help: 800-788-3882
4. If you work for Kansas City Southern, please reach out to your BMWED officers immediately. If you need their contact info, please call me ASAP.
5. The TEAMSTER DISASTER RELIEF FUND is another source of monetary help down the line. Here is the link to the forms to fill out:
Finally, a good phone number to call for immediate assistance is FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362).
As additional resources and information become available I will get them to you via text and email. Please know that our thoughts are with you, and please be safe.
Internal Organizing Coordinator